How to find storage units in Bethesda
Moving day tipsApril 20, 2021
Most people will require a storage unit at some point in their lives. The most common reason for that is the relocation process. According to new Census data, nearly 31 million people moved across the United States in 2019. That’s 9.8% of all Americans moving every year. That means that nearly 10% of all Americans use relocation services like onsite storage containers each year. Other reasons include home renovations or lack of storing space, but we will discuss these scenarios in more detail a bit later. But whatever is the reason behind your decision to rent a storage unit, there are some things that you need to know. Fortunately, you have come to the right place. So, stay with us, as we will explain to you how to find storage units in Bethesda, as well as how to get the most of them.
Situations where you would benefit from renting a storage unit
So, we already pointed out that onsite storage containers are an efficient yet affordable way of relocating your belongings from one place to another. It is certainly cheaper than getting a complete package of moving services, but someone will still drive the container for you. That means you won’t have to deal with traffic jams on long and exhausting drives. But for what other purposes you can use storage units?
- Lack of storing space. Space is a valuable commodity in big cities like Washington. The rent for bigger apartments can be quite expensive, so people often have to settle for smaller living spaces. This means that you might not be able to store all your belongings in the apartment. Hence, the logical solution is to search for storage units Bethesda.
- Home renovations. Another good time to rent a storage unit is during the home renovations. This way you can keep your belongings safe from dust and dirt. Furthermore, it will be easier to complete the works when you don’t have so much stuff lying around.
How to find a reliable storage company?
There are many storage and moving companies that operate on the market, but sadly, not all of them represent a good choice. So, your first step is to find a reliable storage partner. Here some tips that will help you with your search:
- Ask friends for advice. Do you know someone who used storage services? See if they can recommend you a good partner. Even if they had a bad experience that is still a good start. Now you know who not to hire.
- Search for companies online. All reliable moving and storage companies must have a website with all relevant info about that particular company. So, visit several websites and find out which company suits you the best.
- Important tip. Always check if the company is fully licensed, and take a quick look at user reviews. Customer feedback speak volumes about the company, so you will get an idea of who you are dealing with.
Find storage units in Bethesda by following these simple steps
There are several important factors that you must take into consideration when searching for a storage unit. That’s the only way to find a quality storage unit, so let’s take a look at these factors:
- Security. Probably the most important factor. Every reliable storage unit must have quality locks, video monitoring systems installed, as well as night guards. You don’t want your belonging to disappear, right? Especially if you plan to store something valuable.
- Accessibility. Where is the unit located? You want it to be somewhere near the place you live. Is it accessible by truck or van? Is it open 24 hours a day? This is important if you plan to use the unit often.
- Climate control. Our sincere recommendation is to go for a storage unit that is equipped with the climate control These storage units offer protection from extreme weather conditions like extreme heat or cold. Furthermore, this feature will protect your belongings from humidity and mold.
What about the size? How to find storage units in Bethesda that are the right size?
Storage units come in many different sizes, and it’s up to you to pick the right size. That depends on your needs. But for your information, most agencies usually offer 5×5, 5×10, 10×10, 10×15, 10×20 storage units. You can also find even larger units that are used for storing cars, boats, and other really big items. So, make a good plan of how to store your items most efficiently and how to get the most of your storage unit. The best strategy is to use cardboard boxes and stack them vertically to save space. Place heavier boxes on the bottom as well as boxes with items that you don’t plan on using anytime soon. Another good trick is to put some shelves to keep things easily accessible. If you need boxes, check out moving supplies Northern VA. You will be able to find everything you need there.
One last tip
Ideally, you want to rent a storage unit that is a tiny bit smaller. Why is this? Well, smaller storage units cost less, and when the unit is smaller, you won’t be able to store all kinds of trash inside. Instead, you will be forced to sell those items. Always remember that you should use your storage unit in a smart way, and not for hoarding stuff. Also, before you rent a storage unit, you should declutter your home, and store only those items that you will actually use in the future.
So, there you have it, now you know how to find storage units in Bethesda, as well as how to use them efficiently. Good luck!