Moving day meals: the best ideas
Moving day tipsSeptember 9, 2020
Moving can be a stressful and exhausting process. Not to mention that a lot of people are often forgetting to eat when they are stressed out. If you want to relocate without stress you should hire professional movers to help you. However, if your moving day is around the corner, this is the perfect article for you. Do you know what are the perfect meals for your moving day? If you do not, you have come to the right place. We have provided some easy moving day meals that will keep your energy up.
Moving day meals: the best ideas for breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Especially on your moving day. You will need to have a well balanced healthy meal that will give you enough energy to start the day. You should take all the needed ingredients before you pack your pantry for the move. Moreover, you should have it before your movers arrive that way you will have time to sit and eat in peace, wash dishes, and pack them into the boxes. Here are some ideas for moving day breakfast:
- Eggs – Eggs are great protein sources and if you add some salad next to them and some pastry you have a perfectly balanced meal. You should make your eggs the way you like them. There is no wrong way of making them, but if you are frying them use as little oil as possible. However, one thing to keep in mind is you should avoid bacon or sausage.
- Oatmeal or cereals – Carbohydrates and fibers are something your body will need during moving day. You can always add some honey, nuts, and fresh fruits to your oatmeal. This might be the best breakfast you can prepare your kids for the moving day. Moreover, this will be a high-energy healthy breakfast you can prepare in less than 10 minutes.
- Toast – You can make either cheese, egg, or avocado toast. If you decide to make one avocado is an ingredient you should put inside. Full of healthy fats will help you keep your energy level high.
Don’t forget to top off your breakfast with a cup of coffee or some juice.
The best ideas for lunch
Preparing lunch in an unpacked kitchen is near to impossible. You will need to prepare it in advance. Before you pack your kitchen for the move you should prepare meals for moving day. This is one of the most important things to do. You will eventually be hungry when you arrive at a new apartment or even during the move. Here are some meals you can enjoy on the go.
- Pasta – While Italian food is amazing ordering a pizza is not that smart thing to do. It is full of fat and it can be hard for you to coordinate the moving process. Instead, you should make pasta with vegetables and some sauce. It will be an easy carbs and fibers meal that will boost your energy.
- Salad – Cezar salad can be the perfect choice for your lunch. If you do not have time to make it you can always order some. However, if you are planning to have a salad for lunch you should prepare it the day before and let it cool down in the refrigerator.
- Sandwiches – Maybe the best and most common food for moving day. They are easy to make and even easier to eat. Layer your bread with quality meat and some vegetables. However, don’t use mayonnaise and sour cream.
Some tips you should know before moving day
There are some things you should know before your moving day. First of all, you need to hire some help. You can always call your family and friends to help you out with your move. But sometimes it is better to hire professional help. You should do your research and find the best for you. Also, you can check Nova Moving companies and see if they are perfect for your move. They are always eager to help you with the packing, storage, and moving process. Moreover, they can teach you some of the best packings and storing tips that you can use in everyday life.
Storage is also something you have to figure out before you relocate. Moreover, it is the must if you are moving from a house to a smaller apartment. Storage units will keep your belongings safe and in all times you will know where you have stored them. We advise you to check the storage units Gaithersburg MD has to offer. It is important to choose carefully because not all of your stuff can go to the same storage. You should look for climate-controlled storage units for your artworks and antiques.
How to get ready for the arrival of your movers?
If you ever wondered how to get ready for movers arrival we can help you with that. The first thing you need to do is to check your checklist again. You need to make sure everything is packed and labeled. It will be easier for them to know which boxes they need to carry with more precision. You will also need to make parking space for your movers. Therefore you need to visit your neighbors and let them know when you are expecting the movers. That way you won’t have any problems with your neighbors. Also, keep in mind that your movers are also human beings, you should prepare some refreshments and some snacks for them as well. No one will refuse a glass of homemade lemonade, especially on warm days.
Moving day meals- conclusion
Regardless of your moving day, you can enjoy our top moving day meals always. Don’t forget to stay hydrated. We truly believe that prepping those meals will help you ease stress. Remember to use fresh ingredients and have fun while preparing them. Good luck with your move!