Renting moving trucks vs renting Zippy storage containers
Storage preparationMarch 23, 2021
People are moving all the time in search of better jobs and better living conditions. However, if you ask people whether they believe that moving is difficult, most of them will give you an affirmative answer. Furthermore, most people will tell you that moving is expensive when you take into account moving quotes as well as the prices of additional moving services like packing services and storage units Washington. Nevertheless, according to new Census data, nearly 31 million people moved in the United States in 2019 alone. That’s 9.8% of all Americans moving every year even though they perceive moving as a difficult and expensive endeavor. There are many ways of organizing a move, ranging from full-service moving to DIY relocation. In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of renting moving trucks vs renting Zippy storage containers. Stay tuned for more.
Advantages of renting moving trucks
Organizing a move is a complicated task, but some people prefer to things on their own. If you love to be in charge, you should know that renting a moving truck is the ultimate DIY move. So. Let’s see the advantages of such an approach:
- Financial advantage. The most obvious advantage of a DIY move is that it is less expensive. Full-service moves, transport-only moves, or even storage Northern Virginia may be more expensive than simply renting a moving truck. However, this option entails a lot more time and effort.
- Better accessibility? It is not always possible to park a regular storage container in the street, especially if you live in a busy downtown area. Therefore, if you want to park as near as possible to your entrance, a truck or van is the solution for you. All of this is the case with regular storage containers. Zippy solutions, on the other hand, offer as much accessibility and convenience as any moving vehicle does.
Disadvantages of renting moving trucks
Let’s now take a look at some of the cons of renting a relocation vehicle:
- Don’t forget that someone has to drive that truck. Are you sure that you have what it takes? Driving a truck is all about skill and experience. If you are not used to driving big vehicles you will probably have problems with maneuvering in narrow streets.
- Unfortunate events. The result of the previous point. If something happens to the truck or your belongings, you are the one to blame. The cost of damage you might make can be much greater than paying for all moving services
- Driving the truck requires time and nerves, especially if you live in a big city. If you get professional moving services, you can use that time on something else.
- Insurance policies. There is a possibility that you will need additional insurance policies to rent a moving truck.
What exactly is a storage container?
Portable Zippy storage containers are basically steel waterproof boxes. They come in different sizes and can accommodate all furniture and other small items from an average apartment. People mostly used onsite storage solutions when renovating and moving as they are a form of temporary storage. If you don’t have enough space in your home, and you would like to store your belongings for a longer period, you should check out regular storage units. Renting a storage unit looks something like this:
- The moving company leaves the storage unit in front of your doors
- You load the container with your belongings
- The moving company picks the container and delivers the container in front of your new place
- You unload the container, and the moving company takes it back
However, renting a storage container comes in different forms as well – there is a substantial difference between Zippy solutions and regular storage pods.
Advantages of using a Zippy storage container
Let’s now take a look at the pros of using portable storage containers:
- No need to drive a large vehicle. Like we already pointed out, the moving company will do that for you. You just have to load the container.
- No commute. Why would you waste time in traffic jams?
- No loading ramps. The storage unit will be at ground level, making it much easier to load compared to the truck or van.
- You are the master of your time. When you rent a portable storage container you can take as much time as you need to pack your belongings. No more worrying about deadlines and late charges. You can follow your own tempo.
- Your belongings will be safe. Storage containers will protect your belongings from rain, extreme heat, or extreme cold – some items don’t belong in a moving truck.
- Storage containers are cheaper than full-service moving. You will save money on packing services.
Disadvantages of using a Zippy storage container
- Parking permits. There is a possibility that you will have to obtain a parking permit if you want to place a storage container on the street. You will have to call your local government to check that out.
- Other permits. You will have to call the homeowner If you are renting the property. The landlord might object to placing the container on the driveway or the lawn.
- Storage containers may sometimes be more expensive compared to renting moving trucks.
The decision on renting moving trucks vs renting Zippy storage containers will ultimately come down to a very simple decision. What do you value more – cost or convenience. Renting a storage container is a much more convenient method of relocation, but not everyone is prepared to pay that extra cost. Whatever you decide to do, make sure that you have hired a reliable and experienced moving company. That is a prerequisite for every successful relocation. Good luck!