Tips for military personnel moving to Falls Church
Storage preparationOctober 31, 2021
Are you looking for tips for military personnel moving to Falls Church? Whether you’re planning a military move because of a duty assignment or are simply looking to move to Northern Virginia because of its strong military population, you’ll need some preparation. Apply that military-style precision to the preparation of your move, and check out all of the moving and storage Northern Virginia has to offer, including us at Zippy Shell Moving and Storage DMV. Your goal is to move quickly and as efficiently as possible, and we are going to help you with that. Take a look at our tips for a successful military relocation to Falls Church.
Rely on professionals that are familiar with military personnel relocations
There are certain kinds of situations where hiring professional movers is a good idea. And moving because of service in the military is one of them. This type of moving is particularly difficult, which is why you should consider hiring military movers. There are many benefits of hiring them and here are some of them:
- Military movers have experience
- Your items are insured
- Professional military movers save time and energy
- They have the necessary equipment
Military personnel moving to Falls Church should start their preparations on time
As soon as you know about relocation, you should start preparing your plan of action. This plan will help you keep track of everything that needs to be done so you don’t overlook anything. You should make lists and take inventory of all your belongings so that when your items arrive at your new duty station, you can take accurate stock. You might have to wait for your belongings to arrive, depending on your new location. That is why you should pack an essentials box where you will carry everything you absolutely need upfront for your move. This includes personal and financial information, identification records, health records, and any documents necessary for your transition. Furthermore, think about any additional services you might need when moving. Will you be needing military storage in Northern Virginia? Or packing services? Decide on this before contacting your moving company so they’re well prepared. Finally, talk to your loved ones about the move and upcoming changes.
Declutter your home before your military relocation to Falls Church
Moving all the stuff you’re not using or didn’t even know you owned every time you need to move for the military doesn’t make sense. You will lose time and energy packing them and pay more money to move them. Therefore, this is the perfect time to declutter your home and get rid of everything you don’t need. Here are some of the options you have:
- Rent a storage unit. You don’t have to move all your belonging every time you’re called for a tour of duty. This can be very expensive and draining. A much better solution is to look into storage units Falls Church VA and rent the one that fits best.
- Organize a yard sale. If you have enough time, collect all the items you don’t need and sell them. Another option is to sell them online. This way, you’ll make more free space and earn some money.
- Donate. If you don’t have time to sell your stuff, but don’t want to throw them out because they’re still in good condition – donate them to those in need.
- Or just throw them out. If there’s no time, this is better than carrying everything with you.
Apply that military precision and you’ll be ready to go in no time
Finally, there’s no need to stress out. Everything will come to its place in the end. By starting your preparations on time and relying on professionals your relocation will be a smooth experience. These tips can help be beneficial for anyone facing a complex move, especially military personnel moving to Falls Church. Do your best to follow them so you can start exploring your new home.